Posted on April 29, 2011 by raysandsglass
Spring is one of the most popular times of year for people to perform many of their annual auto maintenance tasks. While you are out in the garage checking air filters and tire pressure, or taking it to the shop to change out belts or fluids – don’t forget about the glass! After all, there is no other part of your car that you spend as much time looking at (or through)!
Applying Aquapel is one of he simplest of those semi-annual tasks and also one of the best ways to protect your visibility during the severe spring storms that seem to pop up at the most inconvenient times. Especially during those heavy rains where it doesn’t seem the wipers can go fast enough! While Aquapel can’t protect you from high water or flash floods – at least you’ll be able to see what’s ahead before you’re waist deep in it!
Filed under: Aquapel, Auto Care, Auto Glass, Auto Glass Repair, car safety, Ray Sands Glass, Windshield Repair, Windshield Replacement | Tagged: car care, spring, Windshield Repair | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 11, 2010 by raysandsglass
I hate to say it, but winter is right around the corner. Just as we prepare ourselves by switching our clothes in the closets, cutting wood for the fireplace, and making sure our furnace is in working order, we need to get our vehicle ready for the winter months too.
Follow these simple steps to ensure your vehicle doesn’t leave you out in the cold this winter:
- Get an oil change and top off all fluids, brake fluid, antifreeze, washer fluid, etc. Get a tune up.
- Check your lights: head lights, tail lights, turn signals, etc. check them all!
- Most wiper blades last one year. If you haven’t changed yours recently, now is the time.
- Check your tires to be sure the air pressure is where it needs to be for your tires and get them rotated if it’s been awhile. If you have snow tires, it’s time to start thinking about putting them on.
- Consider having an Aquapel treatment applied to your windshield as it makes it easier to clear ice and snow from your windshield. Also consider waxing your car as it will protect your vehicle’s paint/clear coat finish and makes it easier to wash off dirt and salt during the winter months.
- Check your battery making sure the posts and connectors are free of corrosion.
- Put an emergency kit in your truck. Make sure it includes, at the very minimum, a blanket, flashlight with working batteries, pocket warmers, and flares. We also suggest you keep an extra set of boots and warm clothes, high energy bars, hard candy, and a small shovel, just in case.
- Remember to keep your gas tank at least half full. You never now when you may get stuck in traffic.
I realize that these steps may sound like a hassle; however, they can be a lifesaver in the winter months. A little preparation now, can save you big headaches down the road.
Filed under: Aquapel, Auto Care, Auto Safety, car safety, Cleaning, Ice Repellent, Icy windshield, Windshield Wipers, Winter Auto Glass Care | Tagged: Aquapel, aquapel in the winter, auto maintanence, Auto Safety, car safety, Windshield Wipers, winter auto care | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 26, 2009 by raysandsglass
As all New Yorkers know, it is illegal state wide to use your phone while driving, except for hands free devices. But yesterday NY State Senate passed a law requiring all police to note whether a cell phone was in use at the time of the accident. The intention of this law is to allow the state to collect data on the dangers of cell phone use while driving, but it may end up making a difference in the liability of drivers in accidents. Continue reading
Filed under: Auto Glass, Auto Safety, car safety, Rochester NY, Windshield Safety | Tagged: accident citations, cell phones, dangerous drivers, hands free device, new law, ny state, talking and driving | Leave a comment »