I hate to say it, but winter is right around the corner. Just as we prepare ourselves by switching our clothes in the closets, cutting wood for the fireplace, and making sure our furnace is in working order, we need to get our vehicle ready for the winter months too.
Follow these simple steps to ensure your vehicle doesn’t leave you out in the cold this winter:
- Get an oil change and top off all fluids, brake fluid, antifreeze, washer fluid, etc. Get a tune up.
- Check your lights: head lights, tail lights, turn signals, etc. check them all!
- Most wiper blades last one year. If you haven’t changed yours recently, now is the time.
- Check your tires to be sure the air pressure is where it needs to be for your tires and get them rotated if it’s been awhile. If you have snow tires, it’s time to start thinking about putting them on.
- Consider having an Aquapel treatment applied to your windshield as it makes it easier to clear ice and snow from your windshield. Also consider waxing your car as it will protect your vehicle’s paint/clear coat finish and makes it easier to wash off dirt and salt during the winter months.
- Check your battery making sure the posts and connectors are free of corrosion.
- Put an emergency kit in your truck. Make sure it includes, at the very minimum, a blanket, flashlight with working batteries, pocket warmers, and flares. We also suggest you keep an extra set of boots and warm clothes, high energy bars, hard candy, and a small shovel, just in case.
- Remember to keep your gas tank at least half full. You never now when you may get stuck in traffic.
I realize that these steps may sound like a hassle; however, they can be a lifesaver in the winter months. A little preparation now, can save you big headaches down the road.
Filed under: Aquapel, Auto Care, Auto Safety, car safety, Cleaning, Ice Repellent, Icy windshield, Windshield Wipers, Winter Auto Glass Care | Tagged: Aquapel, aquapel in the winter, auto maintanence, Auto Safety, car safety, Windshield Wipers, winter auto care |